Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Some fields output nothing, when using tshark with -T fields

From: Nils <n.bruenggel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:48:48 +0100
Thanks a lot for your quick replay!

> In case of the field "tcp.analysis.retransmission" I think there
> is room for improvement. Even when this field is in the packet, no
> output is given. That is because this field does not have a value.
> It is either present or not.

Is this because it's type is 'None'? I'll open a bug, but I would also
like to be able to fix this myself, I just don't have an idea where.

Using filters currently is not an option, since I want to parse the
output of multiple fields automatically. With filters I would have to
run multiple instances of tshark AFAIK.