Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] pcap-ng support

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:52:40 -0700
On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 04:31:46PM -0800, Gianluca Varenni wrote:

> FYI today I tried opening a pcap-ng file with wireshark rev 24118, and
> it sort of worked.

> - timestamps are wrong. There are two problems here:
>  1. the IDB option for the timestamp precision is not decoded, and I was
> generating timestamps with nanosecond precision.
>  2. timestamps are not in the libpcap fashion (seconds and microseconds, or
> seconds and nanoseconds). It's a single 64bit quantity that is split into
> high and low 32bits.

Thanks for the feedback.  Is it possible for you to place at least one
NTAR generated trace on the Wiki page for pcapg support
(http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/PcapNg) with information about
the trace such as the correct timestamps and anything else that is being
read wrong currently?

Thanks,
  Steve