Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 24123: /trunk/ /trunk/: Makefile.am

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:28:04 +0100
Jeff Morriss schrieb:
Ulf Lamping wrote:
morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=24123

User: morriss
Date: 2008/01/17 07:44 PM

Log:
 Now that we have wiretap plugins, capinfos and editcap need to be linked against libwireshark (because the non-wiretap plugins use it but also init_progfile_dir() is in epan and they use that to load the plugins)
I'm not sure if I understand this completely.

Does this mean that every program that want to use wiretap needs to link against libwireshark?

Hmmm, yes.

Now that you say it that way it sounds worse than I was thinking it was.
Hmmm, yes, doesn't sound like a very clever direction we're heading here IMHO - might up ending with a big monolitic Wireshark ...

In my personal comparison of wiretap plugins vs. small dedicated apps wiretap plugins would surely loose ;-)

No way to seperate this?

Regards, ULFL