Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Request for review: bug #2048

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:25:44 +0000
Hi Alexey,

Alexey Neyman wrote:
Actually, there is one more addition to epan/proto.c: proto_tree_add_bitmask_text(), more flexible version of proto_tree_add_bitmask().

Would it help if I separate these enhancements to common
code from the dissector enhancements and submit them
separately?

It would definitely help if you could break the patch up into smaller components. I'd suggest that you file a few separate bugs concerning various bits of new functionality.

Sorry to make more work for you but it's difficult for us to get around to reviewing patches, and as Jaap notes a patch that requires careful consideration is likely to get back-burnered...

Thanks

Richard