Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark pcap-ng information needed

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:44:29 +0100
Ulf Lamping schrieb:
Stephen Fisher schrieb:
On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 03:03:13AM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:

I have a running *prototype*, which can read simple pcap-ng files.

I've written down some basic information about it, please have a look at: http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/PcapNg
Thanks! I think committing your code in its current shape would be the best way for everyone to collaborate on it as they have time/interest. Since pcap-ng files are not seen in the wild, the code will only execute when someone is coding for it.
The only place where it will appear on the GUI is the Save dialog.

However, I guess we can easily comment out a few source lines so it won't appear ;-)

Can't promise, but I'll try to have a look at the code for some cleanup and commit the stuff over the weekend ...
I've just cleaned up my prototype a bit and checked in the stuff as far as I got.

Feel free to have a look and experiment ;-)

Regards, ULFL