Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can not save the trace file

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:23:11 +0100
Hi,

How are you trying to open the file on your desktop?

Thanx,
Jaap

prashanth joshi wrote:
Hi all,
I am not able to save the capture file.
 First I open wiresahrk with the root password.
And after i capture,
1) I give the filter as "http && tcp.port eq 80" 2) While saving I click on the "Displayed"
3) I save  the file on desktop
This I am doing in linux.
How ever even thogh the files gets saved on the desktop,
i cant still open the file. I get the error message as " couldn't display /home/prashanth/desktop/file123. Please help with what may be wrong in this scenario and what actually is the way to save the file.
Regards,
Prashanth