Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unable to add my dissector for tcp.dstport

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:54:58 +0400
I guess so... but given your explanation below... would it not be
better to do something like this:
void dissect_foo(tvbuff_t* tvbuf, packet_info* pinfo, proto_tree* tree)
{
    if ( (pinfo->ptype == PT_TCP) && (pinfo->destport == 50505) )
    {
        /* Dissect Message from Client to Server */
        /* switch on the message_id and parse the messages */

    }
    else if ( (pinfo->ptype == PT_TCP) && (pinfo->srcport == 50505) )
    {
        /* Dissect Message from Client to Server */
        /* switch on the message_id and parse the messages */
    }
    else
       return;
}