Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unable to add my dissector for tcp.dstport

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:34:58 -0800

On Jan 11, 2008, at 2:57 AM, Abhik Sarkar wrote:

If you really want to dissect only packets where the destination port
is 50505, then you could register the protocol using the tcp.port
table and then add a check in your code to immediately return if the
source port is 50505 and proceed with dissection only when the
destination is 50505.

That would mean that traffic from TCP port 50505 won't be dissected at all.

(What happens if the traffic happens to be to *and* from port 50505?)