Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark pcap-ng information needed

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 03:03:13 +0100
Guy Harris schrieb:
On Jan 10, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

I know this has come up a number of times, but it has been hard to keep
track of any progress on it.  Could anyone with content (code snippets
and sample capture files) start a Wireshark wiki page so everyone can
get all of the information they need if they want to work on adding
support for pcap-ng to Wireshark?

A link to this page:

	http://www.winpcap.org/ntar/draft/PCAP-DumpFileFormat.html

might conceivably belong on that page as well. :-)
Obviously, this link should be added ;-)

I have a running *prototype*, which can read simple pcap-ng files.

I've written down some basic information about it, please have a look at: http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/PcapNg

Regards, ULFL