Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Running Wireshark in a virtual machine???

From: Raymond Jender <rayj00@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 12:38:24 -0800 (PST)
Here is what I have:

A Dell Inspiron 9400 Duo Core laptop/2gig memory.

I have Ubuntu 6.10 as the host OS. I have installed
VMware and have a Windows XP virtual machine.

I have Wireshark installed on both the host and guest
virtual machine.

In the Ubuntu Wireshark, I can see all packets.

In the virtual machine, I can only see broadcast type
traffic. The NIC is in the promiscuous mode.

Anybody have a similar setup?

Thanks,

Ray

Looking for last minute shopping deals?