Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Timing information in Wireshark follow tcp stream

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 00:55:45 +0100
On Thy, Jan 03, 2008 at 04:23:43PM +0100, Wilfried Goesgens wrote:

> I was wondering whether there is a way to have the 'follow tcp trace'
> time annotated?

At the moment it is not possible to show time annotations in the
'follow tcp stream' window. It just shows you the data that was
transferred in the tcp-stream.

> So one can easily see, which answer times a specific conversation has?

Since version 0.99.7 it is possible to show a colomn with timestamps
relative to the tcp-conversation. Calculating these timestamps is
disabled by default, but can be easily enabled by opening the tcp
protocol preferences. Once they are calculated, you can add a column
with them by opening up the column preferences.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
    Sake