Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark 0.99.7 crash on MacOS X 10.5 (Leopard)

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 21:39:53 +0100
On Jan 3, 2008, at 9:01 PM, Andreas Fink wrote:

On 03.01.2008, at 20:40, Michael Tuexen wrote:

Hi Andreas,

did up upgrade to
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz
which fixes a number of bugs and especially some
which show up when using wireshark?

No. I would have expected Leopard to have a bug free X11.app (I'm living in a perfect world you know ( thats why I need wireshark to debug my network code. :-P))
Well, there was a very good discussion on the Apple X11 list. Ben (from Apple) and others fixed the bugs and published the fixed version. So there are some changes that the versions from the above link will apear in some future version of Mac OS X.

I had a hell of a lot of time to get glib working properly. It still doesnt work in powerpc64 bit but at least on 32bit ppc & intel it does (I think something is broken in Apple's linker there as it behaves different on 32bit compared to 64bit when coming to private routines in a dynamic libary. To be analyzed a bit later).

I was able to successfully build wireshark with
the latest gtk/glib stuff. Everything works fine
except for the stock icons...

I dont know which Icons you refer to but on my Mac i'm not missing any...
Hmmm. The New, Open, and so on icons in the toolbar. I used
gtk-2.12.3.

Andreas Fink

Fink Consulting GmbH
Global Networks Schweiz AG
BebbiCell AG

Tel: +41-61-6666330 Fax: +41-61-6666331  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address: Clarastrasse 3, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail:  andreas@xxxxxxxx
www.finkconsulting.com www.global-networks.ch www.bebbicell.ch
ICQ: 8239353 MSN: msn1@xxxxxx AIM: smsrelay Skype: andreasfink
Yahoo: finkconsulting SMS: +41792457333