Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tvb_new* functions

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:26:28 +0000
Abhik Sarkar wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Is there some clear documentation on when tvb_new_* functions may or
may not be called. I keep getting per-packet data corrupt, and I
suspect that I am using tvb_new_composite or tvb_subset at an
incorrect place.

tvb_new_subset can be called whenever you like; tvb_new_composite() has never been made to work; however. If you need its functionality, I suggest you start by uncommenting the unit tests in epan/tvbtest.c and making them pass...

Cheers

Richard