Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ASN.1 enumeration extension coding question

From: Sergio Mayoral <mayoralstuttgart@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:32:01 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I am also having this problem. I found a book called
"ASN.1 Communication between Heterogeneous Systems"
written by Olivier Dubuisson, who looks to be an
expert on ASN.1, where it is explicitly said:

- If the ENUMERATED type is extensible (or if the
module includes the EXTENSIBILITY IMPLIED clause in
its header), a preamble of one bit is appended to the
bit-field (without being octet-aligned).

"Normally small non-negative whole number encoding"

- if 0 <= n <= 63, a 0-bit is appended to the
bit-field (without being octet-aligned), followed by
the binary encoding of n on 6 bits.

Regards

--- "Nichols, Roger" <Roger.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxx>