Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] crash with Preference in Plugin

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:28:56 +0100
Hi,

If you could post at least your proto_register and proto_handoff code we might be able to get some insight.

Thanx,
Jaap

khushbu thakkar wrote:
Hello,
I am not actually new to Wireshark, i have build the plugin in Wireshark which has to be decoded on the top of UDP. I m using this on Window XP SP1 . I have build Wireshark with GTK+ 2.10.12 and Wireshark Version is 0.99.6. The problem with me is *Wireshark Crash* when the "*Preference*" of the my *plugin * is set. Whenever the preference value changes from the initialized value and if we try to capture or load the recorded file having packets of my plugin protocol it crashes. And one more thing is if i disable the preference code n use the xxx.dll then it works fine i.e. problem is due to preference code. I m using the Standard code format for registering the Preference as in Readme.developer. So anybody could please guide me where should the problem actually be. Thank You in advance for the help. Reply Soon,
Best Regards,
Khushbu