Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Some problems when building Wireshark from source

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:45:01 +0000
tan tan wrote:
> Hi!
> I wanted to build Wireshark from sourcecode under windows.I do
> everything according the developer-guide-a4.pdf ,but I encounter some
> problems as follow:
> 1.After editing the config.nmake file,a red spot with a white a
> excalmatory mark appeared on the wireshark directory which containing
> the source code,what did it stand for?
I presume you mean in the Explorer window? If so it is likely you are
using TortoiseSVN and that is TSVNs way of telling you that a file has
been locally modified. Nothing to worry about.
> 2.Can I use python2.5 when building Wireshark0.99.7 from source?
Possibly. Make sure you have the path set correctly in config.nmake.
Report back if you have any python issues.
> 3.When I was building Wireshark0.99.7 under Windows ,everything was ok
> until
> the sourcecode was compiled.I encountered a problem as follow:
> Generating Code...
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\c
> l.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\n
> make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\n
> make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
> C:\wireshark>
You'll need to provide more info, specifically the messages printed just
before the above. All I can tell is that the MS compiler choked on
something.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice