Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] regression: no USB packets captured

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:09:09 -0800
Guy Harris wrote:

I'll figure out what needs to be fixed, and check in a fix. When that's done, try building the top-of-tree libpcap and see if that fixes it.

Unless I've missed something, it was a trivial fix - just move

	handle->selectable_fd = handle->fd;

*AFTER* the point at which handle->fd is set (points, actually, as the case where we're using the binary interface in memory-mapped mode returns early). Try the current CVS version of libpcap (1.20, or 1.16.2.4 on the 1.0 branch, or later).

Paolo, can you use select() or poll() to wait for packets to arrive, even when you're using mmapped access?