Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Build failure of easy_codec

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:30:02 +0100
This plugin requires a C++ compiler because the ImTelephone folks
built the libs using a C++ compiler. How stupid is that?  But then
"gcc -x c++" bails out with an error:

plugins/easy_codec/easy_codec_plugin.c:38: error: external linkage required for symbol 'version' be cause of 'dllexport' attribute.

Line 38 becomes (after the cpp stage):

__attribute__((dllexport)) const gchar version[] = "0.0.1";

I have no idea what the problem is. Anyone?

--gv