Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Installation error in wireshark-0.99.6

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:09:46 -0800
taraniteja.vishwanatha@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

*/usr/bin/install: reading `.libs/libwireshark.so.0.0.1': Input/output error*

* *

Can anybody please help?

Is the directory in which you're compiling Wireshark located on a local disk on the machine on which you're compiling Wireshark, or on a file server?

If it's on a local disk, is that disk having any problems?

If it's on a file server, is any disk on the file server having problems?

"Input/output error" is EIO, which usually means that an I/O error occurred, for example a read error on a disk.