Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 23761: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:42:19 +0000

On Dec 5, 2007 9:31 AM, <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=23761

User: guy
Date: 2007/12/05 09:31 AM

Log:
 Make the "protocol" field big enough to hold the 3-character
 null-terminated string that the format item used when scanning says it
 is - i.e., 4 "char"s, including the null terminator.

 (Thanks and a tip of the hat to "gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (propolice)" on OpenBSD
 4.2 for finding this.)

Directory: /trunk/epan/dissectors/
 Changes    Path               Action
 +1 -1      packet-ms-mms.c    Modified

Does this mean that the %3s will copy 3 characters into the protocol name buffer followed by an extra NULL terminator?  Oops - I didn't think it would do that...