Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Statistics->Summary enhancements

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:22:47 +0100
Stig Bjørlykke schrieb:
Hi.

I have just added some enhancements to the statistics summary window:
- Added traffic statistics for marked packages.
Looks like a pretty good idea to me ;-)
- Do not show Displayed column unless using it.
Hiding stuff on the GUI is generally a bad idea, because if the users seen this dialog before, he won't expect new stuff in the dialog depending on the packets selected. The only reason to hide stuff is usually lack of screen real estate, but I don't think that's a problem here.

What you better should do is "grey out" stuff that currently doesn't apply. That's obviously both true for the displayed and marked column. This way, a user can expect when he's marked some packets and later come back to this dialog, that he will see some values.

Regards, ULFL