Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Filtering using DHCP and SSDP throws error

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:44:38 -0700
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 07:01:28AM -0800, coolusee@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On the wireshark GUI I have tried to filter using the keywords dhcp
> and ssdp for the DHCP and SSDP protocol but the wireshark throws an
> error message stating "dhcp" is not a protocol? Can someone suggest
> something ?

SSDP is implemented as part of the HTTP dissector so it is not directly
filterable.  A quick test shows that the display filter "http contains
ssdp" isolates the SSDP packets.  This would also capture any http
packets that had the string SSDP in them though, so the filter may need
to be tweaked.

Steve