Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Filtering using DHCP and SSDP throws error
From: Gerald Combs <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:43:52 -0800
Jim Young wrote:
<[email protected]> 11/29/07 10:01 AM >>>
Hi ,

On the wireshark GUI I have tried to filter using the keywords dhcp and ssdp for the DHCP and SSDP protocol but the wireshark throws an error message stating "dhcp" is not a protocol?
Can someone suggest something ?
Regards,
Sameer
Use "bootp".   DHCP is (more or less) a superset of BOOTP.
The parsing of the dhcp components is done within the bootp
dissector.
Should we change the instances of "bootp" in the BOOTP/DHCP dissector to
"dhcp"? This isn't the first time this has confused someone.