Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] A Multicast RTP Question

From: "Jack Liou" <jwliou95@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:40:57 -0800

Hi,

I am trying Wireshark with a small multicast app.

Endpoint A sends RTP packets to a a multicast address, and endpoint B listens on the multicast address (Wireshark was launched on endpoint B).

From the captured file with capture filter "ip multicast", I can see the sending RTP stream (i.e. RTP:A--->multicast-addr), but not the receiving stream, i.e. RTP: multicast-addr--->B.

This is the default behavior or I need to change some configuration to see the receiving stream?

Cheers,

Jack