Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissectors generated using ASN.1 tool asn2ws could not be compil

From: Zongjun <qizongjun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:52:33 -0800
Hi All,

I have a working dissector generated using ASN.1 tool asn2wr.  But it is a pain each time when ASN.1 specification changes, we have to recompile the whole Wireshark source codes.  Therefore, I am trying to change into plug-in approach.

I am following exactly the steps listed in README.plugin file.  But I am getting lots of compilation errors, including couldn't find <epan/asn1.h> and "packet-ber.h" ,which is easy to fix;  and 1000+ asn.1 errors, which I have no idea.  I searched the directory structure of Wireshark release, as well as dev-maillist, it seems to me so far nobody has tried to change a asn.1 generated dissector into a plug-in.  We either go epan/dissector way, or go plugins/ way.  And asn.1 protocols are only go epan/dissector way.

Am I miss something here?

Thanks,
Zongjun