Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 0.99.7pre1 is now available

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:53:38 -0500
FYI: I was able to successfully build the U3 installer using the latest SVN version (currently 23616).  So hopefully whatever changes were made post-0.99.7pre1 to get this to work were applied to the upcoming 0.99.7 trunk.  Unfortunately, the portable apps installer still fails.  I think it fails because I had already built the U3 installer and so some (28) dll's were already marked as being "packed by UPX", which caused the following to happen:

		[snipped for brevity, but 24 more "already packed by UPX" preceded these 4]

		upx: host\libtiff3.dll: AlreadyPackedException: already packed by UPX
		  39033556 ->   4835328   12.39%    win32/pe     libwireshark.dll
		upx: host\lua5.1.dll: AlreadyPackedException: already packed by UPX
		upx: host\pcre.dll: AlreadyPackedException: already packed by UPX
		upx: host\smi.dll: AlreadyPackedException: already packed by UPX
		    566176 ->     81920   14.47%    win32/pe     wiretap-0.3.1.dll
		     73728 ->     34816   47.22%    win32/pe     zlib1.dll
		  39673460 ->   4952064   12.48%                 [ 3 files ]
		Packed 31 files: 3 ok, 28 errors.
		NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\wireshark-win32-libs\upx301w\upx.exe' : return co
		de '0x2'
		Stop.

Ulf, not sure why you're having the "access denied" problem.  I can only suggest a setup, distclean and recompile, as painful and time consuming as that might be.

- Chris