Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] PDCP/ROHC support

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 15:48:42 +0000
Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of working on a dissector or dissectors that
would decode PDCP headers and their embedded RoHC (rfc3095, later)
packets.  Rather than try to cleverly guess context state without
seeing configuration information, I would initially decode these
packets using the information attached to them (in the first instance
from dct2000 traces).

After that, it should be possible to:
-  start to add/update state for the contexts and flag changes in
compression states and modes
-  flag unexpected/illegal behaviour from compressors
-  maybe show the accumulated context state as generated fields after
the packet bytes
-  maybe decompress the header using context info and send result to
the IP dissector

Has anyone already been working on decoding the RoHC message formats?
Are there any other file formats that could make use of this?

Thanks,
Martin