Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.7pre1: missing preferences for fcoe and samr

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:19:37 -0700
On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:09:47PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> I've just tested latest pre1 and get the following warnings:
>
> 11:59:34          Warn C:\Dokumente und
> Einstellungen\ulfl\Anwendungsdaten\Wires
> hark\preferences line 1143: No such preference "fcoe.ethertype"
> (applying your p
> references once should remove this warning)
> 11:59:34          Warn C:\Dokumente und
> Einstellungen\ulfl\Anwendungsdaten\Wires
> hark\preferences line 2014: No such preference "samr.nt_password"
> (applying your
>  preferences once should remove this warning)

Thanks for checking this.  I duplicated it by overwriting my preferences
with my Unix 0.99.6 build and going back to my SVN build.  The
fcoe.ethertype was my fault :( and I have fixed it in SVN revision
23545 and added it to the 0.99.7 pending section on the Wiki.

I can't tell who removed the samr.nt_password preference nor do I know
where to put the obsolete preference code in the pidl files that
generate packet-dcerpc-samr.c or I would have done that one too.  Could
someone else do that one?

Steve