Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Startup speed up - remove dissectors?!

From: "Gilbert Ramirez" <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:19:10 +0530
It would be nice to be able to split each dissector into two source
files... one with the actual dissector code, and one with the
registration/cross-reference logic.

All the cross-reference logic is loaded into Wireshark at run-time.
Only when protocols are actually seen in a file does the dissector
code for that protocol get dynamically loaded.

--gilbert