Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use of EXTERNALt

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:27:53 +0100
On 14. nov.. 2007, at 22.24, Graeme Lunt wrote:

I think your patch is correct - but should adopt Tomas suggestions:
a) use the "*_ref_present" members; and
b) try to do a presentation context lookup if an indirect reference is
found.

I find three ways to implement handling of the octet-aligned data:

1. Handle the callback function for octet-aligned in dissect_ber_external_type(), and make a callback function in x420 to handle the data.

2. Make dissect_ber_external_type() run call_ber_oid_callback() for octet-aligned data if direct_reference exists.

3. Make x420 handle actx->external.octet_aligned after calling dissect_ber_external_type().

I choose to implement number 2 this time, so more dissectors can benefit from this change. I also implement support for calling the callback function, while I'm changing the code :)

--
Stig Bjørlykke