Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to register a dissector for a specific traffic type?
From: Yves Geissbühler <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:41:21 +0100
Hi all

I have several protocols running on top of each other: TCP > MPA (RFC 5044) > [DDP (RFC 5042) | RDMAP (RFC 5040)].
Currently, I am calling my DDP/RDMAP dissector as a subdissector from
my MPA dissector. Because my DDP/RDMAP dissector could also be used
on top of SCTP (replacing TCP and MPA) calling it as a subdissector
from my MPA dissector does not seem to be the right solution anymore.
It would make more sense if my DDP/RDMAP dissector would get called
whenever there is MPA or SCTP traffic. So I would like to register my
DDP/RDMAP dissector for these to types of traffic.
So far I could not figure out how to achieve this.

In which manner do I have to return (in the proto_reg_handoff_mpa()?) from my MPA dissector such that a call to heur_dissector_add("mpa", dissect_ddp_rdmap, proto_ddp_rdmap) in my DDP/RDMAP dissector would work?

Thanks.
- Yves