Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems when changing a dissector preference

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:06:25 -0500

Stig Bjørlykke wrote:
On 19. nov.. 2007, at 22.15, Jeff Morriss wrote:

Free it (and recreate it) in a routine registered with
register_init_routine() instead?

I am freeing it in the register_init_routine (which is called), but does not recreate it before the packages are dissected again. And with flags.visited always TRUE I don't know if this is a "display this packet" or a reload because of a preference change.

Oops, sorry, I thought your email said handoff routine, not init routine.

Not sure what to do about it then...