Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector for OID:2.6.0.2.5 not implemented. Contact Etheral

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:35:44 +0100
Stig,

> > There is basic P7 support in Wireshark in SVN 23479.
>
> I will try this dissector on our P7 traffic.

Thanks.
BTW, I know the content attribute won't get decoded correctly at the
moment if it is before the envelope attribute in a fetch result.

Can you run P7 over RTSE?

> But should we be more consistent on the naming policy?
> E.g. rename asn1/p7 to asn1/x413 and packet-p7 to packet-x413?

Actually, my intention is to go the other way - I want to rename x411,
x420 and s4406 (to p1, p22, and p772 respectively) - this makes more
sense (to me) for protocol filtering etc, and aligns with the
disp/dap/dop/dsp naming.

So the choice of p7 was deliberate on my part - but I would welcome your views.

Graeme