Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use of EXTERNALt

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:24:30 +0100
Anders, Tomas, Stig,

> > RTSE should be changed to use EXTERNAL and put the callback
> > in the asnctx.

I have now checked in a change so that RTSE uses the packet-ber EXTERNAL
decoding.
(http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.py?view=rev&revision=23450)

Tomas: I had to make some minor changes to packet-ber.c to make things work
could you check?
	And if you could check packet-rtse.c to see if I have taken the
right approach - that would be great.

Anders: Is someone looking at doing something similar for ACSE (which still
uses an EXTERNALt)?

Stig: Can you check I haven't broken your x411 captures?

> The EXTERNAL handling in packet-ber.c does not decode octet-aligned
> encoding according to the direct-reference, like acse did (from r22308).

I think your patch is correct - but should adopt Tomas suggestions:
a) use the "*_ref_present" members; and
b) try to do a presentation context lookup if an indirect reference is
found.

Graeme