Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How can you determine the current working directory????
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:40:41 -0800
Alex Lindberg wrote:
I would like to determine the current working
directory from addr_resolv.c.

I have tried various functions from filesystem.c/h
without any luck.

As an example get_persdatafile_dir() in addr_resolv.c
returns an empty string.
That's not supposed to unconditionally return the current working
directory.  It's supposed to return "the (default) directory in which
personal data is stored".
On UN*X, that's the current directory; it returns an empty string, as,
in the places where that routine is *currently* used, that's probably
sufficient.  On Windows, it returns the "My Documents" folder for the
user, unless it's running as a U3 portable application, in which case it
returns the appropriate directory on the U3 thumb drive.
What are you trying to do here?