Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SVN 23396 build failure on Windows with epan/prefs.c

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:18:08 -0800
Stephen Fisher wrote:

Thanks for the notification, I see the Windows buildbot doesn't like
that line either.  I don't have a Windows development environment
anymore to test in, do you or anyone else have any idea why including
gtk/gtk.h from epan/prefs.c doesn't work on Windows?  I know it's
"unnatural" since it isn't in the gtk/ directory.  However, it works
fine on Unix.  I need GTK's gtk.h to use the GTK_CHECK_VERSION macro to
prevent the code from writing out a preference for the show toolbar
arrow when using GTK < 2.4.

Why is there a problem with writing that preference out? It might not have any effect, but that's not a problem.