Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use of EXTERNALt

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:34:33 +0100
On 7. nov.. 2007, at 11.00, Kukosa, Tomas wrote:

my idea when I introduced external structure into asn1_ctx_t and when I implemented dissect_per_external_type() was followng: - dissect_per/ber_external_type() dissects internal structure of EXTERNAL type and fills in all actx->external structure - dissect_per/ber_external_type() does not make any decision how to dissec embedded data (they can be decoded in BER, PER or any other non ASN.1 encoding) - dissect_per/ber_external_type() calls calback function and dissectors decides what to to based on actx->external structure and its local context and any other conditions

Ah, ok. And this functionality is not implemented in packet-ber yet, right?

--
Stig Bjørlykke