Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use of EXTERNALt

From: "Kukosa, Tomas" <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:00:03 +0100
Hi,

my idea when I introduced external structure into asn1_ctx_t and when I implemented dissect_per_external_type() was followng:
- dissect_per/ber_external_type() dissects internal structure of EXTERNAL type and fills in all actx->external structure
- dissect_per/ber_external_type() does not make any decision how to dissec embedded data (they can be decoded in BER, PER or any other non ASN.1 encoding)
- dissect_per/ber_external_type() calls calback function and dissectors decides what to to based on actx->external structure and its local context and any other conditions

The callback for ACSE should be something like this:
static int externat_cb(..) {
   char *oid = NULL;

   if (actx->external.indirect_ref_present) {
    oid = find_oid_by_pres_ctx_id(actx->pinfo, actx->external.indirect_reference);
   } else if (actx->external.direct_ref_present) {
    oid = actx->external.direct_reference;
   }
  if (oid)
    call_ber_oid_callback(oid, tvb, offset, actx->pinfo, top_tree ? top_tree : tree);
}