Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use of EXTERNALt

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig.bjorlykke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 00:27:38 +0100
On 6. nov.. 2007, at 22.57, Anders Broman wrote:

I have gotten rid of the use of EXTERNALt in a lot of dissectors (check your traces)

The EXTERNAL handling in packet-ber.c does not decode octet-aligned encoding according to the direct-reference, like acse did (from r22308).

The attached patch will dump a correct TNEF in a X.420 FileTransferData (like before), but I don't have time to dig deeper into this to determine if this is an appropriate solution. Maybe the X.420 dissector should decode the actx->external.octet_aligned data for each bodypart and put them in a top tree node?

Graeme: what do you think?

--
Stig Bjørlykke