Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Opinions on new feature needed

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:52:51 +0100
On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 02:49:49PM -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> > Would it be possible to calculate whether the buttons fit in the
> > current window and place the "down-arrow" there only when the
> > currently selected(*) buttons don't fit? That way people won't have to
> > miss their current view unless they were going to lose some buttons
> > anyhow.
>
> Yes.  When enabled, the arrow only appears when the buttons do not fit
> in the Wireshark window (this is automatic in GTK).  When I run
> Wireshark, the buttons all fit when using icon only mode but not when
> using text only or text and icon mode and then the arrow appears.

:-)

Please forgive me for my GTK ignorance, I'm just starting to dig
into GTK while I'm writing a patch that allows people to disable
and re-enable coloring rules. It has been sort of a GTK-crash-course
for me (I got the GTK+2 stuff working and am now installing GTK+1 so
that I can test if it all works under GTK+1 too without breaking
things).

Cheers,
    Sake