Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Voice (RTP stream) quality - mos, delay, bandwidth, ...

From: "Lars Ruoff" <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:46:26 +0100

That's true, but there have been many attempts to model MOS from raw data
directly.
The most prominent being the ITU G.107 "E-Model".
But still, the model includes parameters like the audio characteristics of
the end devices, jitter buffer implementations and so on, so MOS cannot be
calculated from a network trace without making specific  assumptions on the
end devices and audio path.

Best regards,
Lars Ruoff