Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Portable

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 21:49:47 +0100
Ulf,

> I get the following error, which looks like something is
> missing on my machine. Any ideas?
>

> IfFileExists: "$PROGRAMDIRECTORY\$PROGRAMEXECUTABLE" ?
> FoundProgramEXE :
> MessageBox: 48: "$PROGRAMEXECUTABLE was not found.  Please check your
> configuration"
> Abort: ""
> StrCmp "$SECONDARYLAUNCH" "true" equal=GetPassedParameters, nonequal=
> Invalid command: FindProcDLL::FindProc
> Error in script "WiresharkPortable.nsi" on line 160 --
> aborting creation
> process
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:/Program Files\nsis\makensis.exe"' :
> return code '0x1'
> Stop.
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code
>  '0x2'
> Stop.

Ahh. Forgot about that step! Apologies.

I had to install the following NSIS plug-in :
<http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Find_Process_By_Name>

We do care about multiple instances as an earlier instance may uninstall
WinPcap (when it exits) from under a running, second, instance.

Do you think it is acceptable to just add this step to section 4.17. of the
Wireshark Build Environment manual?
Or should we try and lose it?

Graeme