Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] epan/libwireshark.def
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:56:30 -0400

Gisle Vanem wrote:
"Jeff Morriss" <[email protected]> wrote:

Also eth_stdio_fopen() needs to be exported from the dll because some plugins use it now.
Let me see if I understand you; you mean eth_stdio_fopen() should
be exported from _libwireshark.dll_? eth_stdio_fopen() is already exported
from wiretap*.dll. See wiretap/wtap.def and wiretap/Makefile.nmake.
So AFAICS any plugins needing eth_stdio_fopen() should link to
wiretap*.lib (the implib). Or do you mean file_util.obj should be present
in _2_ dlls? A ugly hack IMHO.
Ah, no, I hadn't actually thought about it that much.  I just remembered
that I added eth_stdio_open() calls to some plugins then the Windows
builds failed so someone added the function to libwireshark.def .
But it would make more sense for the plugins to simply be linked with
libwiretap.  If I had more time at the moment I'd look into doing that.