Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol Parser Compiler

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:23:51 +0200
Andrew Feren wrote:
I do, however, have one question before I head too far down this path.  How
do people feel about introducing C++ to Wireshark?  I ask because binpac
currently generates C++ code.

This would open up a new can-o-worms of compiler / memory management / compatibility problems. If you really want to, approach this from another angle. What should be written in README.Developer on coding style? What can and cannot be used across all compilers / platforms in use? etc, etc.. We'll need these answers before getting to something trivial as a dissector.

Thanx,
Jaap