Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Need some idea about GPL licence in wireshark

From: "Toeung, Chanthy" <chanthy.toeung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:21:41 -0400
Hi all,

I used to post a question about GPL licence already, but i don't get any reply. Let me make my question more precisely.

I would like to add a some file that contain following licence to Wireshark:

/*=========================================================================
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Copyright (c) 2002-2007 Total Phase, Inc.
| All rights reserved.
| www.totalphase.com
|
| Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
| modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
| are met:
|
| - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
|   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
|
| - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
|   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
|   documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
|
| - Neither the name of Total Phase, Inc. nor the names of its
|   contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
|   this software without specific prior written permission.
|
| THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
| "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
| LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
| FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
| COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
| INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
| BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
| LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
| CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
| LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
| ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
| POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

I'm wondering if this kind of license has a conflict with Wireshark licence, and if it does, which part of this licence seem to be trouble?

Any idea would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Chanthy