Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] tshark: current state and how to continue ...
From: Ulf Lamping <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 01:51:51 +0200
Hi List!

The buildbot currently seems to be confused with the changes done in tshark. Unfortunately, I don't understand what's going wrong here. The buildbot output I see is "tshark: There are no interfaces on which a capture can be done" which I cannot reproduce on my machine - so I don't have any idea how to fix this :-(
As you probably noticed, there were some controversial discussion in the
way how tshark in combination with dumpcap should be working at all. In
fact this discussion demotivated me completely to continue any more work
on the tshark capture code.
There is still some work to clean up Wireshark/tshark code from using
pcap stuff, so privilege seperation is still not completely done - even
for tshark.
I'll leave that as an excercise to the interested reader ...

Regards, ULFL