Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] column_info.h rev 23058 introduce a bug for plugins?

From: "Sake Blok" <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:29:14 +0200
Title: Message
Hi Antoine,

Sorry for breaking your plugin-distribution, but it has been my understanding that all plugins need to be compiled against the sources of the version you want to use them with. So every Wireshark version has it's own plugin-binaries. If sometimes plugins can be used with multiple Wireshark-versions, it's luck, because the current API does not guarantee it.

The reason for putting the new column-options in the middle of the enums is that they logically fit there. I would prefer to keep them there.

Cheers,

Sake