Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 23095: /trunk/test/ /trunk/test/: su

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 07:49:24 +0200
morriss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=23095

User: morriss
Date: 2007/10/08 05:56 PM

Log:
 Temporarily disable 'Capture 10 packets using stdout' test for tshark until we can get that working
What's the motivation in doing so?!?

tshark is currently broken - my fault - but pretending all is well while we know that it's boken is a *very bad way* of handling things.

This way, people will have a look at the buildbot, see that the tests are green and think it's save to use tshark - spending a long time figuring out that the tests are lying.

If the programs broken don't fix the test ...

Regards, ULFL