Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.6 build problems on Windows

From: "Michael Lum" <michael.lum@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 06:40:33 +0800
I updated my cygwin installation but that didn't help.

I followed the link for the MS Platform SDK but it states VC 6.0 is not
supported:

Development Tools. To build the C/C++ samples, you must have a C/C++
compiler. If you are using Microsoft Visual C/C++(r), run it at least
once before installing the SDK. This will ensure that the environment
variables are correctly configured. To build the Visual Basic samples,
you must have Microsoft Visual Basic(r). This SDK does not support
working with Microsoft Visual C/C++(r), 6.0 as support for VC 6.0 has
ended. The last SDK that will work with VC 6.0 is the February 2003
Edition, you can order a CD on the fulfillment site. Side by side
installations are not supported.

So unfortunately I'm still stuck.
I have tried, clean, distclean, setup, all, again but to no avail.

Thanks.

--
Michael Lum                   Principal Software Engineer
4600 Jacombs Road             +1.604.276.0055