Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with the newly modified and compiled wpcap.dll

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:53:26 -0700

On Oct 4, 2007, at 2:03 AM, Varuna De Silva wrote:

Hello,

I further did some change like below,

(*ps).ps_recv = p->md.stat.ps_recv;

instead of

*ps = p->md.stat;

That shouldn't make a difference, unless, somehow, the version of WinPcap you're modifying is different from the version of WinPcap that Wireshark was built with, and the pcap_stat structure in the version your modifying is bigger than the one in the WinPcap that Wireshark was built with - but, in that case, using the different version of WinPcap *by itself* could cause a crash.

I do *NOT* have anything like below, which appears in pcap-septel.c

#ifdef SEPTEL_ONLY
/* Replace dag function names with pcap equivalent. */
#define septel_open_live pcap_open_live
#define septel_platform_finddevs pcap_platform_finddevs
#endif /* SEPTEL_ONLY */

Don't bother with that - I suspect that's only there because the person who did the Septel support copied the DAG support, and the DAG support is set up so that you can, if you want, build a version of libpcap that's DAG-only.